Degenerative Diseases Community
painful creaky/noisy joints

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

painful creaky/noisy joints

Hello, I've just turned 17 and for the last two years have had noisy joints along with pain which over the past 2 months has became so much worse.
My symptoms include creaking in almost every single joint in my body it seems to be more apparent when i'm not doing much activity.
The pain started in my knees either when i over worked them or when i stood for too long, pain also occurs when im kneeling down or have my knees bent for a certain amount of time. Also when climbing stairs. Now i have pain in my hips and they lock/catch which can make it painful and difficult to walk this happens daily. i aslo developed pain in my lower back mostly when i'm bending over, it takes my a while to stand up straight afterwards due to the pain and stiffness. also get pain in the heels of my feet when i'm standing for too long (15 minutes) which is almost unbearable. recently i have had pain in my elbows when i extend them fully or bend them towards myself this is like a tweaking pain. I also have frequent headaches( everyday). I have very bad circulation in my  legs and feet which makes them look a bluey colour.( there rarley warm). In the mornings i find my muscles/skin are unusually sensitive and even the slightest touch hurts( not the initial touch but afterwards i get a pain in the area) this only lasts about 10 minutes after i wake up. i also get palpitations in my skin almost like twitching which is extremely annoying. finally, i have found i have a shortness of breath and slight weakness, i find that i am exhausted alot of the time. ( not so exhausted i can't get out of bed) and i also have mild IBS

i have had so many test done and the only thing that came up was slight imflamtion and slighty low in iron. they also said my immune system was on borderline but she said that was normal ( something to do with the blood cooling down and the results dropping). they have checked for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis and some other things that i can't rememeber. every doctor i have seen has looked at me like im lying, and for a while i started to think it was in my head. ( i used to do a lot of sport, 5 times a week intensive training for martial arts)-- i don't know if that could be a cause.

i just want to know what this thing is i feel like a 60 year old women.
if anyone knows what it might be please let me know!
Are you overweight?
What country do you live in, or do you travel to 3rd world countries?
What are your triglyceride levels like?
What is your diet like?
What is your exercise routine like, and do you overlook working opposite muscle groups?

But, look most thoroughly at the true answers to the diet question.
i also get very shaky when too much pressure is put on my joints. For example filling up the kettle my arm will shake. My legs also tremble when im extending them.
Are you overweight?
What are your triglyceride levels like?
What is your diet like?

No im not, im 9stone and 5 foot 2.
i live in england and have never travelled to 3rd world countries.
i have a very healthy diet! and eat lots of fruit and vegetables
I no longer do any sports, but i do a lot of walking to get around college and to college!  
If you have no contraindications, I would suggest taking magnesium supplements.
Always overlooked by the majority of people, and a blood test does not show true bone content level. (blood magnesium levels are only a small % of actual bone levels, and the results are misleading)

I would say, even if not a contributing factor, increased magnesium has a good chance of at least reducing some of the symptoms.

Also, what makes you think you have poor leg circulation? Bluish color doesn't necessarily mean that. Also, in any of your blood tests, did they do an A1C or fasting blood sugar test? (both to test diabetes)

Now here's another thing: Intense Martial arts are not a good idea fopr young children. How old were you when you were doing intense workouts? They can effect your growth plates.

Everything I have said in all of my posts, are just different ideas to consider or look into, and not a suggestion of cause or cure.
because my doctor suggested that i have poor circulation in my feet and legs! i have had previously tests for diabetes and they were all clear.
i started when i was 7 years old and did it for 7 years.
Did your Dr. say why he thinks you have poor circulation?

I'm not disputing that claim, or anything you posted, just clarifying and suggesting things for thought.

I would look into the effects of the martial arts at such a young age. It could be related, and it could be more than just things like effects on the growth plates.

It could even effect your autoimmune response. There are several types of IBS which are autoimmune caused. (irritable bowel syndrome is just a generic name that covers a vast amount of problems such as all the different types of Colitis)

Don't let me get you running scared. Again, just some things for thought. The Martial arts could be totally irrelevant, and not pose any risk at all.
Oh, and I still highly recommend the Magnesium supplements.
okay thank you very much!