Degenerative Diseases Community
please help pain only getting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

please help pain only getting

I am 31 i have had degenrrative disc disease woth secere pain for some time now. Last month i was lifting and did sometjing and its hard to breathe pain raidiates around my back and when i breathe it its like someone is stabbing me. I had n an mri done and it said the is degenration but progressiom of disc signal loss. Along with that there are protrudimg discs that are not compressing the spinal canal. There are protruding discs at c3-c4 c4-5c c5-c6 and a tiny protrusion at t6-t7 with compression on the thecal sac but not on the spinal cord. I do not know what else to do. The pain is so severe and functioing is becoming harder and harder. I just need some direction. I see a rain doctor but also they do is push pain medications and epidural injections. I feel l like all this does is a temporary fix and I because of the severe pain I am in I need different advice because the pain. Is so severe please help me.
Weird to finally hear someone that has the same exact story as me. I am nearing my 33rd birthday and feel like a out of shape and mind person. I also have degeneritive disc disease and bulged discs c-5,c-6,and c-7. I was in a car accident when I was eighteen and never really noticed pain. Only awful migraines that left me running to the hospital. For nearly 10 years now all I have done and not succeeded is taken pain meds. Some heavy narcotics and then get frustrated at what they are doing to my life and brain that I end up going to something lighter. Surgery has never been offered or brought up and now that I am getting older and still in the same predicament I feel lost. I definately agree that all the pills do is fix the issue for a few hours if were that lucky. I have been told basically that these dics will bulge and I will lose feeling in my legs and arms. Who knows by the time 10 more years go by I could end up sitting in a wheelchair. Not sure how many times I have brought up to my dr. about surgery or getting off meds. I think all we are is a paycheck to the dr. It is very aggitating and stressful. For me I also have worse depression now than ever, and am back to suicidal thoughts. I think because we are so blinded by the pain pills and yet we still suffer.