Degenerative Diseases Community
rsd

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

rsd

Can RSD be fatal??? Can it travel to the brain? If it started due to an accident to the wrist.  Can it travel to the neck?
What are your symptoms?  I was also diagnosed with RSD and my experience has been that my spine burns all the time, my skull and legs are always on fire and off and on my arms also burns.  It hurts so much even to the touch of my own clothes.  Is this also your experience?
HI, I have had RSD since 2004 and as my RSD got worse , my symptions changed. In . my first year, I had finished my 14th of 18 right leg operations. You can go to RSD hope .org and they explain the 3 stages. I was at stage 2 when it was finally diaginosed me, my rt leg was the only painful area. Then it will spread from a right leg to the left arm. The muscles become very atrophed. MY right leg began to much colder than my left side. The right anckle was5 degrees coller , but mine never spread to another limb,even today where I have every symptom and I am at stage 3 or 4 depending on the doctor and if they even believe in it. zzzzAnother clue that the pain & rsd is progressing by your BP. Mine is 192/120. Thats how a doctorr helps rate your pain. Before I had RSD, I had MRSA inside my right leg which was just fused. Nowsix years later, I face a very scart catch 22. If they amputate my right leg, the RSD would spead throughout my body fact he spread immeadeately and painfully throughout my body. My surgeon has n ow told me that he feels any more operations would just be cruel and It is time to alow the Mrsa to takeover my liver. This should happen withen 3-6 months. THis would also allow the doctor to help me pass away peacefully. Being only 33, without a wife or children. I can't deciede if the doctor is playing the role of god,or did god givehim these skills to help people die in less pain. Any advice would be greatfully welcome. my email is ***@****