Degenerative Diseases Community
thoracic spondylosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

thoracic spondylosis

I am a 26 year old female and was recently diagnosed with thoracic spondylosis. About three years ago I was in an accident (rear ender) and that is when my back and neck pain began. For the first little while after the accident I was told that there was nothing concerning about my xrays. Last October I started suffering extremely bad back pain. Breathing, coughing, sneezing, lifting up by arms, getting into/out off bed, going to the bathroom were very painfull. I went for xrays at this time and they revealed the spondylosis. I was told by my chiropracter that this is probably because of a fracture that I could have received at a young age. I myself and parents don't remember me ever being diagnosed with a broken back and I did not suffer from back pain until recently. And if there was a fracture why did the xrays in the past not show it? I have done research about this condition and found that it is usually caused by age. Why is it that I have it at such a young age? What could have caused it? How can I get pain management without taking drugs?
Hi,here,
You are right.
My opinion is that you suffer from soft tissue injury around throacic vertebra due to accident.just forget "fracture"...
Compare with other therapy, both chiropractic and intensive acupuncture are better treatment for your condition.
Good luck!
I TOO YEARS AGO WAS DIAGNOSED WITH THORACIC SPONDYLOSIS, DEGENERATIVE DISC DISORDER, BROKEN TAIL BONE, SLIGHT CURVURTURE (SCOLIOSIS) AND STIFF PERSON SYNDROME. bEEN THROUGH ALL THE THERAPY, PAIN MEDS AND PHYSIATRISTS YOU CAN THINK OF AND CHIROPRACTORS AND ACUPUNCTURE. SOMETIMES, WE HAVE TO LEARN TO MEDITATE AND TAKE OURSELVES (MIND) SOMEWHERE ELSE DAILY SO WE DON'T FEEL THE PAIN. iOR ELSE ALL YOU GET IS NARCOTICS THAT GET STRONGER OVERTIME BECAUSE YOUR BODY GRADUALLY GETS USE TO IT AND IT DOESN;T WORK. IT  TOOK YEARS FOR ME TO LEARN BUT YOU CAN. lIVING WITH CHRONIC DISEASE AND PAIN THERE IS NO LEVERAGE.