Degenerative Diseases Community
what is all this on my test...MRI ,-XRAY-Nerve conduction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to living with degenerative disease.

I just had my Mri it is as follows.impression 1,a t11 vertrebral body hemangioma is present disk desiccation is noted on L4-L5 AND THE L5-S1 levels...L1-L2 NEG L2-L3 NEG...L3-L4 Mild spondylosis is preasnt min disc bulge present. very mild left foraminal compromise present.. L4-L5 ...Mild diffuse posterior disc bulge present .A posterior annular tear is identified on sagittal imaging.Mild bilateral foraminal compromise present.. Moderate bilateral facet joint DJD is present...L5-S1...Disc desiccation present.A background of posterior diffude disc bulge is present. Additionally ,A central /right paracentral disc protrusion is present.Mild-moderate bilateral foraminal compromise present ... mild bilateral facet joint DJD is present..In lumbar spine  shows mild spondylosis with marginal scierosis at L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels nerve conductivity test show Myositis at L1-L2-L3-L4-L5 ...and a radiculopathy on right side what does all this mean
I really cannot understand all the details, but I do know what radiculopathy is.  At least for me.  For me, I have degenerative discs and osteoarthritis.  But the radiculopathy is in my neck.  I have a herniated disc in the cervical spine, that is actually pinching the nerves on the left and right side of the body.  Here in my state, they want to do all they can BEFORE surgery.  I have been to physical therapy, and the pain management clinic for this.  Which, by the way was very painful.. I almost lost use of my right arm and hand.  I had to stay with other people to take care of me.  And I could not move my neck nor have a pillow under it, and I had to sleep flat on my back....if I could even sleep.  I had steroid injections.  Then they did medial branch blocks, where they inject medicines into the facet joints of the spine where the nerves come out, as I understand it, then they did radiofrequency abilation-which is burning the nerves that were giving me pain, to calm the pain.  Now they have been giving me trigger point injections, and soon another radiofrequency abilation to the nerves of the upper neck.  I was told at the beginning it was bad and I needed surgery, but that has not happened yet.  Hope you are okay,  I just woke up with my radiculopathy, I dont think any injury caused it.  It happened in middle November of 2009.  I do have function of the arm and hand, but a lot of weakness when using it.  And some lingering pain...not at all like when it first started, but still on pain medication.  I also have the spondylosis, and dont know what it is yet, but we should probably google it.  Good luck.  You will have lots of decisions to make, and probably hurdles to jump.  Yours is apparently in the lower back based on the locations starting with L.  that is the lumbar location, and the numbers are which vertebrae; they are talking about.  Good luck there,  I will keep you in my prayers.
Basically it means that you have degenerative disc problems in a number of areas in your spine. Over time they may get worse and maybe some areas will hurt more and some may hurt less than now. Unfortunately There is really no treatment other than pain relief - anti inflammatory drugs,  and it is very important that you do very gentle, regular exercise. If you can access a heated pool somewhere and go two or three times a week - maybe aqua aerobics that will be beneficial.
This is word for word what a number of doctors have told me over the years. I have all the same things, and have had pain for over 20 years. Sorry to sound pessimistic but it progresses very slowly and you kind of accept it. It won't kill us or shorten life span - might just feel like it does. Anyway, I've saved you hundreds of dollars in doctors bills by passing this on, so it's not all bad.
best wishes