Dementia Community
Can a woman who is 41 have Dementia?

Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Can a woman who is 41 have Dementia?

Hi,  I am Hypothyroid and went undiagnosed for years.  8 years after I found out, I was also diagnosed with a pituitary tumor, which has since been removed.  I have short-term memory loss, have extreme difficulty remembering names and faces and constantly loosing my keys and other items.  I have noticed I get aggitated easy and have become less socialble. I don't like to be around people anymore. Sometimes when I talk, the words in my mind do not come out of my mouth the way I am thinking of them.  My cognative abilities have decreased a lot.  Although, I do make jokes about all this to my friends and people I meet,  but I am really starting to think I have this.
I have MS that runs in the family and I am also currently being evaluated for that too.
For years many of my doctors believed i was just a hypochondriac, but I proved them wrong.  Trying to recall indcidents and conversations are nearly impossible and everyone just looks at me like I am lying or pretending and it is driving me nuts.
Can a 41 year old woman get Dementia?
It is possible but not common.  Are you seeing a Neurologist about your problems?  
I know you mentioned MS, but I believe it is not.  Rita Hayworth, a famous American actress, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in her 50's, so it is possible to suffer from Dementia at an younger age.  

Keep us posted.