Aa
A
A
Close
Can a woman who is 41 have Dementia?
Hi,  I am Hypothyroid and went undiagnosed for years.  8 years after I found out, I was also diagnosed with a pituitary tumor, which has since been removed.  I have short-term memory loss, have extreme difficulty remembering names and faces and constantly loosing my keys and other items.  I have noticed I get aggitated easy and have become less socialble. I don't like to be around people anymore. Sometimes when I talk, the words in my mind do not come out of my mouth the way I am thinking of them.  My cognative abilities have decreased a lot.  Although, I do make jokes about all this to my friends and people I meet,  but I am really starting to think I have this.
I have MS that runs in the family and I am also currently being evaluated for that too.
For years many of my doctors believed i was just a hypochondriac, but I proved them wrong.  Trying to recall indcidents and conversations are nearly impossible and everyone just looks at me like I am lying or pretending and it is driving me nuts.
Can a 41 year old woman get Dementia?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It is possible but not common.  Are you seeing a Neurologist about your problems?  
I know you mentioned MS, but I believe it is not.  Rita Hayworth, a famous American actress, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in her 50's, so it is possible to suffer from Dementia at an younger age.  

Keep us posted.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dementia Community Resources