Dementia Community
Dementia
About This Community:

Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dementia

Does all progressive dementias show brain atrophy or degeneration on mris?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Sometimes you need a complimentary MRA, using dye contrast media, which shows degeneration of vascular structures.
Blank
1831414_tn?1318862548
I did have the MRA with the MRI, both negative. Any others you know of?
Blank
My significant other (age 88) has been diagnosed with Chronic small vessel brain disease.  This was not a surprise to me, as I've been dealing with his memory loss, thinking difficulties, gait disturbances and balance problems for a couple of years. With the diagnosis, he has now asked me to leave as he doesn't want to put me in a situation of being his caregiver. I could probably talk him through this, however, he has started calling me a liar, and yet won't tell me what he thinks I lie about.  Is this the beginning of Alzheimers?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dementia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...