Dementia Community
MRI of the brain

Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

MRI of the brain

I am going into my 9th year with dementia with an Alzheimer type. Am 69 year old female on Namenda 10 mg.
bid.  recently have developed hand tremors, and am unsteady on my feet. recent MRI showed Globular deep white matter T2 and FLAIR hyperintensities are present bilaterally and roughly symmetrically. Seen in the deep white matter in the supraventricular, centrum semivovale and in the frontal lobes bilaterally. consistent with small vessel deep white matter ischemic changes. Mild volume loss. Could someone help me to understand this. Thanks.