Dementia Community
Memory loss with Hemiplegic Migraines
About This Community:

Dementia is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Dementia patients, their loved ones, and caregivers. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Dementia, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Memory loss with Hemiplegic Migraines

My wife has HM and is having migraine attacks 7 to 8 times each day. Sometimes these attacks cause memory loss. She can't remember what we watched on TV the night before or several days before. She sometimes doesn't people who have been around her on a daily basis. On a recent ER visit, I ask the doctor about this. He said that the memory loss is not caused by the migraine, but offered no advice on what to do. What kind of doctor does she need to see to have this checked out? need help.
3123787_tn?1384184287
I had same problems, Only my cluster headackes were so severe, esp. when i was sleeping. That doctor needs to get a degree in neurology. Does she have swelling of her ankles? Ur wife might be suffering from possible blood clots to brain anurisms. I am no doctor, but  since my last attacks my short term memory is shot. Do find a good neurolist, & hopefully they will give her a cat scan with contrast. I wish u n ur wife the best!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dementia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank