small vessel disease
My Mother, an 82 yo DM2, has had an MRI, DX small vessel dementia.  She has declined over the last decade.  She doesn't recognize her children, short term memory is < 3 min.  She is anxious and fearful.  If we stop her meds; Metoprolol, statin, Advandia, Glibizide, what would happen?  We don,t want her to have pain but she is unhappy & afraid 99% of the time.  She walks with a wide semi steady gait and is continent.  Lives with her daughter and can,t be left alone.
I think you need to talk to the doctor and understand that dementia is not just a disease that effects the mind, but degenerates the entire body, which is why a diagnosis of dementia is, sadly, terminal.

The medications are meant to relieve symptoms and to help her and one appears to be for diabetes. If you take her off that, she could die sooner.
The unhappy and afraid is, sadly, simply the disease. My MIL had it and she was also afraid and unhappy.

If you do some research, you will see that there are stages to the disease of which people progress. The progression is imperfect - people tend to be in several stages in real life but you see that she will steadily lose more function.

I suggest you get more help, more counseling, and prepare.