1 year tongue sore
Have had a painful burning sore on my tongue for 1 year.  I believe it erupted because of rubbing against a rough tooth while sleeping on my left side (only way I can sleep because of my health).   Most painful when it wakes me.  Appears small whitish with a crack in it, like a slit where it has opened.  This slit never goes away.  Please help.
Have you asked a dentist about it?  He may want you to have it biopsied just as a precaution.  Rinse with warm salt water in that area, that may help it to heal faster.  You may also see if you can have the rough tooth smoothed down so that it doesn't continue to irritate the area.
have you found a conclusion to this problem because in the mornings i get thin white lines on tip of tongue that seem to line up with between teeth
this is from spur-star33 Geographic tongue (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/geographic-tongue/DS00819) if anyone has a problem like this contact a oral pathologist usually located at dental universities.