Dental Health Expert Forum
17 year old ?molar?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

17 year old ?molar?

My son says he feels something in the molar area- so I guess it is his adult molar/
could it be causing eye pain? maybe hitting the nerve and shooting up his eye?
We went to GP- he has had headaches over his left eye for 4 months/ it's not his eyes, he just saw his optometrist, the GP ruled out sinus infection. diagnosis possibly stress related- rx Naproxen 500 mg which alleviates the pain, but he found this molar coming in and told me about it only yesterday
Related Discussions
540545_tn?1377626518
Its possible he's getting some referred pain from his wisdom teeth erupting.  You might want to go see a dentist and get it checked out.  It may need to be removed if its coming in at a bad angle.  You can also try some anbesol (topical anesthetic) in the area to see if it helps to relieve the pain.  If it does, that would most likely indicate the wisdom tooth as the source of pain.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now