Dental Health Expert Forum
17 year old ?molar?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

17 year old ?molar?
My son says he feels something in the molar area- so I guess it is his adult molar/
could it be causing eye pain? maybe hitting the nerve and shooting up his eye?
We went to GP- he has had headaches over his left eye for 4 months/ it's not his eyes, he just saw his optometrist, the GP ruled out sinus infection. diagnosis possibly stress related- rx Naproxen 500 mg which alleviates the pain, but he found this molar coming in and told me about it only yesterday
Its possible he's getting some referred pain from his wisdom teeth erupting.  You might want to go see a dentist and get it checked out.  It may need to be removed if its coming in at a bad angle.  You can also try some anbesol (topical anesthetic) in the area to see if it helps to relieve the pain.  If it does, that would most likely indicate the wisdom tooth as the source of pain.