Dental Health Community
2 year old's teeth - one of the lateral incisors didn't come ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

2 year old's teeth - one of the lateral incisors didn't come in at all

My daughter is 28 months old. I just today realised that she has only 3 lateral incisors on her top jaw. All other teeth both on her top and bottom jaws have come in by now. She has a big gap between the top front teeth, and then on the right side everything is normal, but on the left side it looks like one tooth took the space of 2 teeth, so the other lateral incisor didn't have room to come in at all. I am taking her to the dentist on Tuesday. Meanwhile I am really worried. I hope this can be fixed without any major complications. Have anyone here had the same problem with your kid's baby teeth? Please share your advice. Thank you in advance.
im a little confused ..... you only have 2 lateral incisors, your front teeth are your central insicors, the ones next to those are you laterals, and then the cornerstone of your mouth is your canine/cuspids...... she has her two front (central) teeth right?...are you saying her teeth to be big for her mouth?.. cause you said you think one tooth took the place of two....
Sorry for the confusion... She has full mouth of baby teeth, the only problem is that her left upper lateral incisor is not there. It looks like one of the central incisors took too much space and didn't let the other tooth come in. I will try to post a photo of her teeth here today.
I just posted my daughter's upper jaw picture to the profile.
GOING TO LOOK.....oops sorry about the caps
I wouldn't worry too much, but I would take her to a pediatric dentist vs a general dentist because a general dentist would not treat the problem if there is one.  The major problem is: where is that primary tooth!!...if she has it :)

She would probably need orthodontic treatment later on because that tooth is important in developing the width of the arch (basically) but that is yet to be determined by the dentist.  Who knows, she might be just fine.
My 2 year old daughter has the same problem.  Would you kindly tell me what you found out?