Dental Health Community
21 year old seizure under dental anesthesia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

21 year old seizure under dental anesthesia

My 21 year old daughter went to a dental surgeon to have wisdom teeth removed.  The used lidacaine spray to set the iv port in her hand and administered prophofol, versed, fentynol.(forgive spelling?)  She immediately had a hard seizure.  Her blood glucose was normal as the other vital signs.  She has no other issue of seizure except appearing to try to have a seizure when they induced her labor March of 2012.  She DID not seize, but had the appearance of starting too.  The only common denominator I can see is the same licacaine spray used to set IV port.  PLEASE, don't be shy asking for more info or offering thoughts.  Now we're having trouble getting her records and things are getting messy quickly.  The lady doing anesthesia called me immediately, but didn't tell her dad, who was THERE with her, on the other side of the door???!!!???  He didn't know anything happened until I CALLED HIM.  We are furious and are being shut out of getting records etc.....Please advise...surgery still has to be done. Roots are invading nerve bundles, wrapping central nerve and other tooth roots.
Tags: seizure, office anesthesia, dentist
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...