Dental Health Community
24/7 throbbing gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

24/7 throbbing gums

I have had a constant throbbing in my gums since about the age of 11.  This occured when my family moved from Key West to Georgia.  Prior to that I had reoccuring gum boils that my mother treated with Vismoth-violet.  I do not know if the two could be connected or were totally seperate issues.  I only know that when we moved I no longer got the gum boils, but the gum throbbing began.  It is constant 24/7 and occasionally my cheek will swell.  I have had a turbinate reduction hoping to releive this but it did not work.  I have been to general dentists, orthodontists, neurologists, peridontists, ENT and no one has ever heard of these symptoms.  One general dentist said that he had read an article about it in the American Journal of Medicine, and tried to find the article for me but was unsuccessful.

Is there any help for me?

This discussion is related to THROBBING GUMS after sinus surgery.
If there is no identified pathology, you are probably suffering from dyesthesia.seeing an orofacial pain specialist is advised.