I am being advised to have #31 extracted and then replace it with an implant. Unfortunately, I'll need a bone graft and a tissue graft. I can't afford these procedures. What would happen if I delay the extraction? And, If I have the extraction would I be a candidate for a partial? #1 and #32 were extracted when I was in my 20s.
Depends on the reason on why you need the extraction in the first place. If its due to a gum disease problem, you could continue to lose more jaw bone and develop an abscess. If its due to a cavity, the bacteria could travel to the pulp/nerve of the tooth and cause pain and again, potentially an abscess as well.
A partial may be possible but if you're only replacing one tooth, it wouldn't be the ideal treatment.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.