Dental Health Community
4yr old with cavity and some sort of blister surround tooth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

My 4yr old daughter has spent this last week in pain, her back molar definitely has a cavity and now there is this blister like thing on the gum portion, right next to her tooth which is decaying. She doesn't chew on that side and has spent nights crying in pain. I feel so horrible but her Dentist is quite booked until after the holidays and my insurance isn't great so I can't switch to another Dentist. Is there anything I can to somewhat aleaviate her pain until she can get in to see a Dentist. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!
Your descriptions suggest an anscess. If your primary pediatric dentist is bnot available, you may need to take her to see an emergency doctor or dentist.
I agree, don't wait on this, nor should your daughter have to endure this kind of pain at any time, much less the holidays. This can turn serious quickly and you will incur even more expense.  Your daughter's in a lot of pain and having worked for dentists I know they can fit you in if need be.  I would want to switch dentists anyway!
I think i had the blister thing it surrounded one of my back mollars i like pushed it with my toungue and it just moved to the other side it was really weird. I just used saline to get rid of it. If that doesn't get rid of it in a couple days then see a doctor or dentist