Dental Health Community
5 yr old, wisdom teeth???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

5 yr old, wisdom teeth???

I took my daughter to the doctor today becuase for the last week she has been complaining about her ears hurting.  She is 5 yrs old and the doctor told me today that her ears are bothering her becuase as strange as it sounds she is getting her wisdom teeth.  Is this even possible?? I've never heard of it before.  My 10 yr old son is also getting his wisdom teeth early, and that I have heard of before, but 5??
Wisdom tooth generally refers to permanent third molar, which erupts to oral cavity around the age of 18. Permanent first molar erupts at the age of 6. The dendition is probably deciduous teeth at age 5.Seeing a dentist to evaluate current dention is advised. if there is no organic pathology identified by ENT, it's possible tmj is the source of problem. Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.
yes i agree sounds a little funny... but you need to get her to a dentist and not a doctor.... childern starts getting molars at around age 6. they are probably not wisdom teeth but in fact the first molar.

seeing a dentist is advised!.... and have you taking your 10 year old to a dentist for xrays?