Dental Health Community
8 year old son missing 2 permanent teeth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

My son has lost both of his eye teeth well over a year ago and they have never came in..what is the chance that they ever will? It doesn't appear to be to promising after I have read these last posts. My dentist had also mentioned something to me about the congenital factor as well.

This discussion is related to Congenitally Missing Permanent Teeth.
Dental x-ray can reveal if there are permanent teeth present.
Step One:  I'd take him to the dentist and have him x-rayed.  It will show if his permanent teeth are in there or not.  My best friend's daughter had the same problem.  She didn't have any pernament teeth underlying in her xrays and ended up having to have implants put in before the rest of her teeth grew out of alignment so bad that she'd have to end up with braces.  Her daughter's 19 now and not only does she have a really nice set of teeth and a beautiful smile, but you can't tell which teeth are the implanted ones.  Good luck!
How old was your best's friend's daughter when she had to get the implants and what did she do in the mean time? My daughter is 8 and is very self conscious. Any ideas or suggestions would be great!!!!