Dental Health Community
A dental problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A dental problem

Alright, here is the deal. About 3-4 years ago, I had a root canal done on a molar and had a metal cap place on it. Now since that time for about the first year or so the gum would inflame and then rupture with stuff. Now it's been happening much more frequent and the gum on the frontside is eroding away. I know people are probably like why didnt you get something done right away. The deal was my dental insurance ran out shortly after the procedure was done. I am 21, and I am going to get it taken care of regardless of price, i would just like to have a idea of what it is and if perhaps there was a malpractice on my dentists part. thank you.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
sounds like either gum disease or an allergy to the metal in the grown. if gum recession is now involved i would get to the dentist asap. doesnt sound like its the dentists fault but since you waited so long it would be impossible to prove malpractice. plus if you had went back the first time there was a problem it might have just needed a simple fix at little or no charge.
Blank
It sounds to me like an ill fitting crown. Sometimes when the crown is made the dentist (if it's an in office stainless steel crown) or the lab technician made the margins too long and the crown has gone too far into your gums, and like a splinter, your body has created swelling to get rid of the foreign object. That very well may not be the case, but it is just a suggestion.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...