Dental Health Expert Forum
A leasion, infection in gum, above tooth no.9.

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Recently had x-rays  at my periodontist, he refer me to an endonontist for an evaluation.  Above tooth number 9, which has had a root canal 30 years age, an a cap 15 years ago.  This winter when I was down south I had a 2 month sore throat, followed by a pressure in my right ear.  When I arrived home I went to an ear nose and throat spec., was examined she saw no problem.  This disappeared eventually, now I started having a sencitivity in teeth on right side, hot cold, chewing, etc.

My question could this infection have been there for all these months causing these different symptoms?  My appointment is next Tuesday, can this be splved with and antibotic (antibiotic)? Can this type of infection spread after time?

Could all of my dental problems been from this root canal years ago,  I had an infection about a year after it was done and the dentist at that time took care of that.  I take such good care of my teeth. Brushing, flossing & even the little brushes that go between your teeth.  I have my teeth cleaned every 4 months.  I exercise and eat right, only take vitiamins & baby asprin, I just turned 62.  I have been to the doctors, test and all for pain in my chest on the left side, all negetive, could all this be related?  Sick of being sick.  Con
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It sounds to me that you have a recurrent infection from an old RCT. I do not think that this is the source of your other problems. Seeing the endodontist is the correct path. The old RCT can often be retreated.
Thank you for your quick responce.  I heard some where that an infection in your mouth could lead to pareicadious (probably spelled wrong), an infection around the heart sack. THAT IS WHY I questioned the chest pain on my left side, mostly when I lay down at night. So on to the dentist tomorrow. Thank you once again. Con