Dental Health Expert Forum
Abcessed Teeth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Abcessed Teeth
I have 4 teeth that need to be pulled.. I started taking my penicillin on Friday, 3 days ago.  Saturday pain got worse. it feels like my throat is sore on left side my ears have been clogged for a week my voice is scratchy. the pain is unbearable no pain killer works. I have an appt to have them pulled next wk.. My best friends brother died at age 26 from abcessed teeth. Is this serious for me should i call the dentist back is it gonna get worse before next week. My swallowing is ok kinda swallowing like i have strep throat.
Yes, I would recommend that you contact your dentist to get it checked out again.  They may want to switch to a stronger antibiotic or a different one since the Amoxicillin may not be working well for your infection.  Anytime there's difficulty in swallowing with a dental infection is serious.  They may want to remove the teeth immediately.

You know after the proper checking by your dentist he can recommend you a better solution.