Dental Health Expert Forum
Abcessed Teeth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abcessed Teeth

I have 4 teeth that need to be pulled.. I started taking my penicillin on Friday, 3 days ago.  Saturday pain got worse. it feels like my throat is sore on left side my ears have been clogged for a week my voice is scratchy. the pain is unbearable no pain killer works. I have an appt to have them pulled next wk.. My best friends brother died at age 26 from abcessed teeth. Is this serious for me should i call the dentist back is it gonna get worse before next week. My swallowing is ok kinda swallowing like i have strep throat.
540545_tn?1377626518
Yes, I would recommend that you contact your dentist to get it checked out again.  They may want to switch to a stronger antibiotic or a different one since the Amoxicillin may not be working well for your infection.  Anytime there's difficulty in swallowing with a dental infection is serious.  They may want to remove the teeth immediately.

2 Comments
Blank
You know after the proper checking by your dentist he can recommend you a better solution.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now