Dental Health Expert Forum
About fluoride treatment at the dental office.

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Hello Jerome Tsang, I waqs reading this website about fluoride and they said Fluoride treatments when you go to a dentist to clean your teeth can contain between 10,000 to 20,000 ppm. There is no regulated dose requirement. There are cases known of children dying in the dentist's chair. (New York Times, Jan.20, 1979: "$750,000 Given in Child's Death in Fluoride Case" about a three year old child killed by fluoride treatment in the Dentist's office.) So what I wanna know is I got a couple of cavities done today at the dentist do I need to worry about getting killed by fluoride treatment in the Dentist's office?
I never heard about this case before.  Yes, ingesting high doses of fluoride can be dangerous but when administered properly, it is fairly routine.  Did you get a fluoride treatment done or are you worried that by getting fillings done, there's fluoride in it?  You may want to ask your dentist but I generally don't treat my adult patients with fluoride.