Dental Health Community
Abscess--long term effects?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Abscess--long term effects?

My husband has had problems with a tooth for about 9 months.  Just recently some pus drained from the tooth.  
He has also had a low grade fever.  I am wondering if a side effect from a long term abscessed tooth can be blood in his semen.  A doctor put him on Amoxicillin 1500mg every 8 hours for 6 doses then 500mg every 8 hours for 14 days.
Is this proper treatment?
I'm recovering from an abscessed tooth.  Mine developed 3 weeks ago and 2 days lator  I had to have an Endodonist drain it on an emergency basis because the swelling was already moving up to my eye.  I was told to get the tooth extracted because of my medical condition (Type 1 Diabetic).  After I got it drained my dentist put me on 4,000mg of Amoxicillin a day becasue I had to get rid of the infection and the swelling had to continue to go down before he extracted the tooth.  In my opinion I feel your husband is on proper treatment.  However I'm uncertain about the effects of it being long term and the possibility of blood being in his semen.
Abscess of dental origin is probably not related to blood in semen.Seeing medical profession is advised.
I have had an absess (abscess) for 3 years now I went through all of the pain in the first year and the swelling and now I have really bad pain some times and a really bad smell all of the time also a lot of my fillings ar chipped off and falling out also I am getting a lot o new cavitys I have also lost my appitite what is going to happen if I don't fix it? And what is going on with it