Abscess still there after re-do root canal

I have a question about a molar abscess that moved into my cheek.  I developed an abscess in my lower left molar which hurt quite a bit.  It was on a tooth than previously had a root canal performed on it.  I was put on antibiotics, but the abscess moved into my cheek and my face became huge.  My Endo. was unable to drain the abscess because of where it was located (under my cheek muscle), but went ahead and did the re-do root canal anyway after I was on antibiotics for four days.  Presently, he cleaned out the old roots that were missed, but no pus or other type of discharge was cleaned out (I watched the whole thing).  He put "medicine" into the roots and put on a temporary seal.  I am scheduled to go back in 10 days to have the final step performed, where he will permanently seal back up the tooth.

I have a few questions:
1.  When can I expect the facial abscess to resolve?  It is still present, although smaller, after one full course of antibiotics and the root canal.  How will it be able to resolve if the root is re-sealed?

2.  Should the abscess still be causing pain in my lower jaw and teeth?  My front teeth hurt even though the abscess was in my lower molar.  My face also still hurts quite a bit and it is hard for me to talk and move my lower face.

Thank you.
Did you find any answers about your post?  I'm going through the same thing.  I'm concerned, as the infection is still there.  I've looked it up, & know it can get dangerous, if not tended to.  Please let me know if you find out anything (soon please, if you can).
Thank you!