Dental Health Expert Forum
Abscess tooth and now Swelling

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Abscess tooth and now Swelling

Hi, I have had an abscess tooth since February I think and I went to a root canal specialist last week on Thursday and he told me to take Amoxicillion on Tuesday but to take it sooner if swelling starts. Well I cant get the antibiotic til tomorrow. And I am afraid the infection has spread to my jaw bone or something, it feels like there is pressure on the left side of my face and alittle swollen. Alittle throbbing as well. I am getting surgery done this week on Thursday. What should I do? What if it has spread to my jaw bone, i am afraid it will spread to my brain :(
You should take the antibiotics sooner just in case.  The doctor informed you to take it if there was swelling and it sounds like you are experiencing that.