Abscess tooth with a knot in the cheek that still has not drained.
Last week, i ended up having my first encounter with a abscess tooth.  It was and has been horrible.  Since then, I have been put on Advil, Hydrocodon-acetanino, and Clindamycin.  I've also seen my dentist who started a root canal on the tooth but just drilled a whole, did some drainage, not all, and left a sponge in it so it can fully drain.  I'm supposed to go back next week to complete the full root canal.  Anyway, the swelling has dropped a lot BUT I still have a hard knot of pus(I'm guessing) in my cheek.  Should I ask if this can be drained?  Its really painful and annoying.  It feels like rocks in my face.  I was thinking of trying to drain it myself or squeezing it so maybe it will travel up through the tooth.    Any ideas?
Yrs you should try this.
Please don't squeeze the lump.  The antibiotics will eventually take care of it.
If you squeeze it and rupture any cell membrane you will infiltrate all the surrounding tissue and infect them with a resulting much larger infection.  NOT a good thing.

Use warm compresses to help your body get rid of this naturally.  Warm salt water rinses can help tremendously, tool.  Your body knows better here.  If the swelling increases, a trip back to your dentist for a SURGICAL incision and drainage is much a preferred method of relief.  

GOOD LUCK and let us know how you do.  I'm sure it will get better quickly.
Also, while on clindamycin, which is a very powerful antibiotic, please either eat yogurt or get natural acidophiles capsules to keep your tummy from getting in an uproar.

Best to you,
Gellia