Dental Health Community
Abscess tooth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abscess tooth

A year ago I went to get 2 teeth removed (side by side on top). The dentist broke one off below the gum line and the other he crushed and broke in half, he did not get either of them out. I have been terrified of mouth work since childhood. He told me he would not work on me again unless I took Valium first. He said He needs to cut open the gum and drill into my jaw bone to remove the teeth. I did not go back and that was a year ago. Now the half tooth is abscessed. My face is so swollen its causing pressure in my eye ear and nose. Ive been on cephalexin for a bit more then 24 hrs now but the swelling and pain has not subsided at all. So my question is, when can i expect relief??? And is it because of me that my dentist couldn't remove the teeth? He said that he couldn't extract them because I was too nervous and basically he 'couldn't do his job'. ( I shake bad and cry in the dentist chair and I can't help it) Or should I find a new dentist? Id rather not see any dentist... ever. =/