Abscessed tooth just started
This morning my tooth had a little pain,before you knew it ,It became abscessed.Saw Dr. started taking Ampicilin .I have a problem, I am driving to Oragan from Arizona to see my sister.I need to take her to Reno.Would take me about 10 to 11 days,My dentist is there.Should I continue taking ampicilin? Why did the doctor in Arizona not give me penicilin instead? The pain is low taking Naproxen.  
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact treatment for your condition only after a dental examination. Antibiotics are usually required in a dental abscess if there are any signs suggestive of spread of infection to the jaws, face or neck or if a person has a weakened immune system.Ampicillin, amoxicillin are both effective in treating dental abscess and the choice of antibiotic depends on the treating dentist. The important treatment of dental abscess is dental treatment    a root canal if needed, draining the pus or surgery if needed. Discuss with your dentist about your travel plans. He can advise you based on your clinical findings. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!