Adult tooth behind Baby tooth for an Adult
When I was about 17 I started getting an adult tooth grow behind a baby tooth, at the time I didnt know my baby tooth never came in and I didnt have insurance so never took care of it.  Now I am 28 and went to the Dentist to get this taken care of and I do have dental insurance and the baby tooth is 2 from the front so I just cant have it pulled out I would have a gap and it would show :(  so the dentist told me I have to get the baby tooth pulled and get braces on top and bottom to have the adult tooth push and turn to the front.  Now this seems like too much to go through ..I mean Im too old for braces and they cost almost 5000.00 out of pocket.  Is there another way around this?  like cant I get my adult tooth & baby tooth pulled them get a replacement tooth glued in like a crown or denture ...not sure what its called???  
it appears that you have prolonged retained baby tooth and permanent tooth is erupting. If permenet tooth is morphologically intact, permanent tooth will erupt to where space available after removal of baby tooth.Once permanent tooth reaches full eruption, you can place a crown to achieve your cosmetic demand.
Missing lateral incisors (second tooth from the middle) are fairly common.

I would say no one is too old for braces, I am currently having invisiline and middle aged people are starting to have braces more and more.  However, if you don't like the idea of braces, there are other options.

1) Implants - You can have two artificial roots put in and have crowns attached on top.  This is the most long term solution, implants last for a lifetime.  They also do not damage the adjacent teeth.

2) Bridges - Slightly cheaper than implants.  However, cons are that you have to cut the adjacent teeth to put them on and bridges typically need to be replaced every 7-10 years.  You will end up paying more in the long run.