Dental Health Community
After Root Canal Mouth Soreness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

After Root Canal Mouth Soreness

I am in the middle of my root canal procedure, the doc placed temporary fillings into 2 teeth.  Everything was fine but after 3 days, the inside of my mouth, the side where the root canal was done and where the doc injected the medicine to freeze my tooth became extremely irritated and sore. I can't bare the pain, especially when I feel it with my tounge or food brushes against it. What has gone wrong? Should I be alarmed?

I went back to the office and the doctor put some kind of cream and said if irritation is still present, use teaspoon of sada in warm water. Any other suggestions?

Also, I am afraid I can't afford the crowns at the price he charges, is it a good idea to get my crowns done at a different office?