A couple months ago I had a root canal. Since that day I have been experiencing full body numbness
espically in my face and scalp/head. Everything seems vague (brain fog) and numb throughout my being.
I also have been experiencing heart palpitations since this procedure was done. The dentist is blowing it off.
Wish this procedure was never done. Can anyone advise what I should do ? Who I should see ?
Will I ever feel normal again ? Can anyone advise ?
I'm not an expert on mercury poisoning but from reading online the symptoms of mercury poisoning, it does sound like you may be experiencing something possibly related to the mercury. I imagine that its more of a hypersensitivity reaction but I'm not sure. You should consult with your physician immediately to find out the cause and get treated.
Please allow me to provide a litttle more information as I am finding that mercury poisioning could possibly be the problem ???
A couple months ago a dentist removed my old fillings (which I believe were possibly amalgam / mercury) by grinding them away and after exposing the root the dentist decided I needed a root canal which was performed. A few weeks later the dentist cemented on a porcelain / ceramic crown. I was mouth breathing and inhaled the cement fumes. The room faded away and vetigo set in as I got a tremendous head rush. I left the office in a very mind fogged condition. At first I thought maybe the breathing of the cement fumes had some something to do with my current symptoms but am finding out it could and / or be a mercury issue ??? Since the day of the root canal when the old fillings were ground down, I have been experiencing ( parasthesia) full body numbness. This numbness is especially prominent in my face and head and scalp. Everything seems vague and distant (brain fog) and numb throughout my being. I feel a constant slight sense of vertigo and dizziness. I also have been experiencing occassional and sudden heart palpitations followed by a rapid pulse and a sudden rise in blood pressure.
Any feedback is appreciated...
Thank you Jerome,
Could the symptoms of visual vagueness, numbness and a ringing of the ears be caused from the pulp of a tooth being hit during drilling on a different tooth (#18) which then had an onlay adhered after amalgram filling removed. Also could these symptoms be caused by the actual facial nerve being hit during the root canal on tooth # 2.
PS Jerome, No root canal was done on tooth # 18. Also could the be a prolonged side effects from the anesthesa as it was administered twice and I could still feel the tooth heating up during drilling and it felt as though the pulp was hit twice as I nearly came out of my seat both times.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.
We're in the process of updating our system during which our trackers and health tools will not be available. We are doing our best to finish this update quickly. They should become available by 6:00 p.m. PST