Dental Health Expert Forum
Alarming Root canal complications

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Alarming Root canal complications

A couple months ago I had a root canal.  Since that day I have been  experiencing full body numbness
espically in my face and scalp/head. Everything seems vague (brain fog) and numb throughout my being.
I also have been experiencing heart palpitations since this procedure was done. The dentist is blowing it off.
Wish this procedure was never done. Can anyone advise what I should do ? Who I should see ?  
Will I ever feel normal again ? Can anyone advise ?
I'm not an expert on mercury poisoning but from reading online the symptoms of mercury poisoning, it does sound like you may be experiencing something possibly related to the mercury.  I imagine that its more of a hypersensitivity reaction but I'm not sure.  You should consult with your physician immediately to find out the cause and get treated.
Please allow me to provide a litttle more information as I am finding that mercury poisioning could possibly be the problem ???
A couple months ago a dentist removed my old  fillings (which I believe  were possibly amalgam / mercury) by grinding them away and after exposing the root the dentist  decided I needed a root canal which was performed. A few weeks later the dentist cemented on a porcelain / ceramic crown. I was mouth breathing  and inhaled the cement fumes. The room faded away and vetigo set in as I got a tremendous head rush. I left the office in a very mind fogged condition. At first I thought maybe the breathing of the cement fumes had some something to do with my current symptoms but am finding out it could and / or be a mercury issue ??? Since the day of the root canal when the old fillings were ground down,  I have been  experiencing ( parasthesia) full body numbness. This numbness is especially prominent in my face and head and scalp. Everything seems vague and distant (brain fog) and numb throughout my being. I feel a constant slight sense of vertigo and dizziness. I also have been experiencing occassional and sudden heart palpitations followed by a rapid pulse and a sudden rise in blood pressure.
Any feedback is appreciated...
Thank you Jerome,  
    Could the  symptoms of visual vagueness, numbness and a ringing of the ears be caused from the pulp of a tooth  being hit during drilling on a different tooth (#18) which then had an onlay adhered after amalgram filling removed. Also could these symptoms be caused by the actual facial nerve being hit  during the root canal on tooth # 2.
PS Jerome, No root canal was done on tooth # 18. Also could the be a prolonged side effects from the anesthesa as it was administered twice and I could still feel the tooth heating up during drilling and it felt as though the pulp was hit twice as I nearly came out of my seat both times.
A related discussion, root canal and complications was started.