Dental Health Community
Allergy to Root canal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Allergy to Root canal

3 weeks ago I had a root canal done, this was done to use the tooth with another ,previuosly there, to stabilise a bottom Denture and stop it from moving. Since then I have been waking with headaches and Tinnitus, the last few days my hearing has been affected, I have ruled out other sources of Allergys (allergies) Food etc, My dentist has said Root canal material is not allergic making ,and is putting me on Antibiotics, Next week I am having the remaining teeth removed and being given the Dental plate I dont know whether to ask him to remove the Tooth aswell and Root canal and a privious one from 12 years ago.He is adament I need to have the canals left to stabilise the bottom plate.Can you give me advise I am concerned about my hearing.Thank you Margaret Cooke
Seeing an ENT is advised.