Dental Health Expert Forum
Allergy to crown cement
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Allergy to crown cement

Doctor,
My daughter is 7 years old and has some failing adult teeth. She was given crowns under anesthesia yesterday and has severe swelling and a fever this morning. The dentist saw her again and claims that she is having a rare allergy to the cement used in the crowns. He also said that the options are to put her under again and redo the crowns or have her wait it out until her gums heal from the allergy. His recommendation is to have her wait and give her pain medication to make her comfortable. I am seeking a second opion as I am concerned about the validity of the diagnosis and the recommended treatment (or lack thereof). Any information is greatly appreciated!!