Dental Health Expert Forum
Alternatives to brushing
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Alternatives to brushing

Are there any alternatives to brushing teeth? Could you just use a mouthwash to kill the bacteria? I have carpal tunnel syndrome and I'm trying to find some alternatives to getting my teeth clean without involving my wrists.
Related Discussions
I would suggest you purchase a electric rotary brush. There are many on the market that certainly could help you. I would try to use interproximal brushes if possible. There are also floss holders that you might be able to use. Mouthwashes are good but I wouldn't count on them for replacing the need for brushing and flossing. I think the suggestions I gave you will help.
4 Comments
Blank
no alternatives. plaque needs to be mechanically removed.
Blank
you could use a battery operated tb. you pretty much just hold it and let it work. it isnt as good as doing it yourself but rinsing alone will get you fresh breath for the moment untill the cavities come. sorry
Blank
When the plaque attaches to the tooth, it becomes very sticky and needs manual debridement. Mouthwash will not remove the bacterial plaque. I agree, an electric toothbrush is your best option because it moves for you so you don't have to move the brush as much.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now