Antibiotics not working
Hi I have large extremely painful abscess causing severe pain and swelling in gum, jawbone and neck.  This is from a tooth diagnosed with internal root asorption.  I've been taking anitbiotics for 5 days with no relief.  I'm scheduled to see new specialist in 5 days, the first available appointment so I'm officially under nobody's care.  Is this a dangerous situation and do I need to do something ASAP instead of waiting for my appointment?  I'm concerned about infection spreading to my heart and brain.  Thanks!
Some antibiotics take as long as 10 days to work.  

I recently had to go through one round of Amoxicillin and then another of Clyndamycin before my infection was under control ... and I still think I have some infection because one of the other teeth I had crowned is heat sensitive, indicating the presence of bacteria in the root. :-(  

good luck, hope you feel better soon.
Ive had a tooth ache for 2 weeks and i've been on penicillin the whole time and for another week it turned into an abscesd tooth and it hurts so bad what else can I take besides Motrin n ice on it can't get in til next Monday now