Dental Health Expert Forum
Apicoectomy pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Apicoectomy pain

How long after an Apicoectomy should the tooth be sore? I know I will feel some sensation in the tooth but when my tongue touches it it is still really sore. It has been 3 weeks. It still hurts, not as strongly as it did before the apico, but it still hurts. It has a small pulse and I was put back on antibiotics again last week because it was hurting a lot. What's the next option and how long should I wait to see if it's still healing or if there is something else going on?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I do not know which tooth is involved and the prognosis of that tooth depends on what type of tooth,ie a molar or an incisor etc.I would hope that the tooth was removed from your bite.If you are feeling it when you put your teeth together then you need to have it adjusted.Your next option if the apico does not work is probably extraction.
Hi, thanks for your response. I have to have my crown put back on mext week. It came off before the apico. It is the 2nd tooth from the back.
it can't hurt to get an opinion from another dentist.