Are my wisdom teeth growing in?
I just starting feeling a little pain by my bottom left teeth in the very back. After running my tongue over the area, I felt a little bump. This leads me to believe that my bottom left wisdom tooth is coming in. I have several questions. The first being, is it normal for there to be some light pain when the wisdom tooth is breaking through the gum simply because the tooth is breaking through the gum, and not because there is a problem with my wisdom tooth (like it being impacted or such)?
I really get nervous at the dentist. I don't like to not be in control of things, and a dentist visit takes me a little too far out of my control zone. I am already extremely anxious about getting the tooth removed, should it come to that, and it only just started hurting a couple days ago. Are there any ways to get the tooth removed without the involvement of a needle (ahh!!) or being put under or laughing gas?
Also, are there any products out there that could provide me a little relief while my tooth is coming in, such as a teething ring for a baby? I was hoping for something I could stick in the freezer and then kind of chew on it or something. The cold really helps, as does a little light pressure.
Thanks a lot, and any other help on the whole wisdom teeth thing would be wonderful!!
You should go to the dentist because they can give you a certain mouth wash that makes it feel better. Eating ice cream also helps...