Dental Health Community
BIG WHITE BUMPS ON BACK OF MY TONGUE????????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

5533053?1270290311
Hey i'm only 15 and i have 4 big white bumps on the back of my tongue (2 on each side of my tongue) and i have searched everywhere on the internet about these white bumps and every web site has different crap on it and now im freaking out about it a lil bit and my mother told me that she will take me to the denist when i have my next appointment which i would have a heart attack by than. Now i know all about the V shaped bumps in the back of your tongue that mak you taste sweet, bitter,etc. so dont message me useless information plz, i just want to know what they are, i just want to know im not losing my tongue. PLZ PLZ HELP ME OUT
first of all chill out... your not going to lose your tongue... and second you posted in a public forum ANYONE can answer....with useless information or not so please be careful how you say stuff some people who are trying to help you might get offended....

It doesn't sound like something you need to worry about but to be sure you should have it looked at by a dentist or an oral surgeon.  It's difficult to diagnose without seeing it in person...it really could be anything like thrush, HPV (if your sexually active), an infection or nothing at all just your normal taste buds....

do you have dry mouth?bad breathe that you notice? are they painful?