Dental Health Expert Forum
BONE DEGENERATION

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

BONE DEGENERATION

hi i posted a not a couple month ago about having to have the majority of my top teeth extracted because they were so loose, out a line and causing constant discomfort due to bone degeneration. now perservering with denture. But i have noticed a couple of my bottom teeth are begining to drift! is there any thing that can be done ie something to hold them in place anything? i cant av bottom denture too i just cant.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It is not possible for me to comment on the feasability of saving your lower teeth without more information(x-rays etc.) If you do have to lose your lower teeth, and I do not know that, then it would behoove you to consider having at least two implants placed and an overdenture. This is the choice of treatment for lower dentures at this point. It will truly salvage the remaining bone on the lower jaw and the comfort level is astounding in comparison to not having any implants at all.
sometimes they can be splinted together from behind. if the bone loss is severe enough, they may need to be extracted.
hi thanks for that, i no my dentist is like dentures dentures just as good if not better he says he's seen some pritty bad implants. But never the less i have a applied to an organisation to see if they will give me grant towards implants as i just can't posibly afford. (im keeping my fingers crossed for that) but if my dentist has this kind of attitude toward implants am i best staying with him although he has been exellent so far, but i would'nt want this messing up cause if i can heve then i will need to have bone grafts from else were hip i think he said? im only 33 and it sounds awfully scary