Dental Health Expert Forum
Back tooth Cavity

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Back tooth Cavity

I have a back molar that has a cavity close to the gum line and yesterday the back corner of the tooth broke.  I can't get into the dentist till the 10th of April and was wondering if there is anything I should do while I'm waiting on getting in with the dentist.  And what should the dentist do to fix the tooth??  I'm very scared of going to the dentist because I was hurt very bad by one when I was a child.  Please help!!!!!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
There is really nothing you can do except try to stay off it and keep away from extremes of hot and cold. As far as restoring the tooth it is impossible for me to give you an opinion without seeing how much tooth structure is missing and the extent of the decay if there is any. I think in this day and age dentistry can be very comfortable and painless. You should make sure you have one that is kind and empathetic with your fears.