Dental Health Community
Bad Breath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Bad Breath

No matter how much I brush, I still seem to have bad breath.
Anyone recommend a mouth wash or toothpaste that can help?

Tags: cough, Liver
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that bad breath is a sign of poor liver function. Milk Thistle is a supplement that improves liver function. You can also do a liver flush. I like to detox every so often. Hope this helps

Makavelli3
poor liver function? Is it as bad as it sounds? What would cause this?

Hi I also have bad breath and it does not matter how much I brush and wash my mouth it still stinks literally 24*7, I use Therabreath , clorexidine , peroxide,  yougur , k12 probiotics,  saline solution , nasal irrigator  , tongue scraper and every type of mouth wash there is and nothing seems to work the horrible smell wont go away not even for a minute , I remember one time that I used clorexine  somebody on the bus said it smells like rotten limon in here ,I felt so bad , my breath is so bad that people mell it several feet away I can tell by the way they cough or cover their nose , I ask my girlfriend to be honest  she said some wierd smell comes out of my nose, even  when my mouth is closed and even if I dont talk or breed and this is the strange part of the problem some times I hold my breath when I walk across people and they cough  I ask my girlfriend she said it smell even if I dont breed and it gets alot  worst when you swallow I ask my best friend and my mon and they said I had to check my self out cause you smell very strange  , I had this problem for 5 years now and it already  become critical.
. I even had my tonsils removed  and I also drink alot of water every day so  my mouth is not dry , my tongue has a white film on it ,
the symtoms (symptoms) I have are , white film on my tongue , post nasal drip , I dont take any medications for this I use to take some medication  that dried my mouth it just made it worst.

For the post nasal drip I have am going to see a nose , ear , throat specialist to see if its related to my badbreath I also have a big nasal polyp on the left side of my nose, that I believe could be related to my post nasal drip

my social life became hell , and I need help please .
Kakaroto, I just want to mention that nose/sinus issued and post nasal drip CAN cause halitosis.  You're on the right track by checking with an ENT.
I brush my teeth everyday twice a day, i use mouthwashes, floss, minty chewing gum and breath fresheners/ sprays and you name it, but my breath does not stop stinking and tasting awful 24/7. I cant talk to people close up without turning my head away, i look like a weirdo and a snob but they dont know what im going through. And there's something with my nose as well. Occasionally/often whenever i breathed in through my nose i smelt this soury/pooey smell and it was disgusting. My mum just ignored me but my dad listened to me and took me to the dentist, they couldnt find a thing wrong with my mouth so they referred me to the doctors, who didnt treat it seriously and thought i had a minor nasal infection. Ive had 2 doses (24 pack tablets) of amoxycillin which didnt help, so now ive had two bottles of nasal spray, which havent helped either. Its been over two years now and it still stinks; my breath and in my nose. Im getting very self concious and even avoid parties and public at times, please help!