Dental Health Expert Forum
Bad Smell Whenever I Floss

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Bad Smell Whenever I Floss
If anyone has any ideas as to what this is I would apprecaite it greatly...About 2 months ago, I noticed that whenever I floss I begin to smell this nasty odor and after I also taste it as well : ( The best thing I can compare it to is moth balls...Any Suggestions Please!
This odor that you are experiencing is the normal bacteria in your mouth. If you floss more often you will be removing more of the plaque that houses the bacteria and therefore the odor and taste will be less.
i have the same thing.  i always floss, and i never had this problem until i started smoking.  does this have something to do with it?
A related discussion, I also smell mothballs was started.