Dental Health Community
Bad pressure in molar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Bad pressure in molar

In my number 3 tooth (upper right molar) I have been having some nasty problems.  Years ago I had a cavity and had a deep filling.  Until this past summer, It has only bothered me if I ate something sugary.  I went on a plane trip, and I felt this wierd pressure (feels kind of like the pressure you get when you are really congested) in the tooth when we ascended.  When the plane was descending, I felt this terrible pressure and was in extreme pain.  On the transfer plane, the same thing happened.  On the return trip, I took aleve and there wasn't pain, but still extreme pressure.  During the coming months, the feeling of pressure in the tooth and above lower gum area increased slowly, to a point where most of the day I would feel a very annoying pressure.  Also, going to the bottom of a pool would cause extreme pressure.  I went to the dentist, then an endodondist, who decided to do a root canal since there was also increasing pain and a mild sensitivity to cold and hot liquids.  It has been a week since the root canal and I am having even worse pressure problems.  I am going to go to my general dentist again and am going to try to really find out what is causing this pressure and possibly just have the tooth pulled.  Until then, I would appreciate any information you can give me into what might cause such a problem.  Note, the pressure  is in the lower gum area above that tooth and in that tooth.  Thanks.