Dental Health Expert Forum
Bad tooth and Inner ear infection

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Bad tooth and Inner ear infection

I had a root canal on my upper left tooth, the one right before my wisdom teeth.  Well, it is now fractured and part of my tooth has came out leaving the tooth filling exposed.  I had swelling for a few days and now has gone away.  My filing is now loose and I know that it is going to fall out any time now.  I have a bad taste coming from that tooth now.  I beleive that I will eventually need that tooth to be extracted.

Now I have developed an inner ear infection (with no pain in the left ear).that has caused me a great deal of discomfort and imbalance.  My first experience was a spinning sensation and thereafter, dizziness and vomiting. I am on antibiotics and dizziness pills along with a cortisone shot.

Can this have anything to do with an infected tooth?

Avatar_dr_m_tn
I do not think this is the cause of your middle ear problems.It would be a good idea to have that tooth checked out--it may not need to be extracted.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Tooth Infection, Post Nasal Drip, Inner Ear Infection was started.