Dental Health Community
Bit my tongue...is it infected?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Bit my tongue...is it infected?

I bit my tongue two days ago...now it is hurting in the place of the bite as there is a huge white canker sore at the same place I bit it...also on the same side, there seems to be 3 or 4 bumps on my tongue about 1 cm away fromthe bite. There is no puss coming out though. Is my tongue infected?

Also, I bit my tongue while having lunch, then at night after about 10 hours I felt a pain in my neck under the jaw on the same side of the bite...The next day I woke up and the pain in my neck/throat was worse and I couldnt swallow easily. Now it is easing a bit. Is this related to the biting incident?
The same thing happened to me. I bit the back of my tongue a few days ago, and then there was a sore there (but no puss), and my lymph node on that side of my mouth swelled and is aching. It hurts to swallow or move my tongue or open my mouth too wide. I think my jaw on that side of my mouth is infected, but I have no idea. The regular doctor gave me penicillin and a throat swab for strep, but I think he has no idea what's wrong...