Dental Health Community
Black Spot on Tooth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Black Spot on Tooth

I went to the dentist about a month ago but this past week I have noticed a black spot on the gum line of one of my lower teeth.  On the exact same tooth on the other side, I have noticed a hole in the gumline with the lower part of the tooth (below the gumline) being exposed.  I am concerned.  Can this wait to be seen or is it imperitive to do it immediately?  

The dentist never said a word and I have never noticed this.  It seems to just have happened.
I have the exact same problem. It is on the same tooth on the opposite side. I did have sweets the night before, but still I brush my teeth everyday and they're in good shape...so i don't know why I woke up this morning to two black spots on the same teeth on the opposite sides. It's unsettling. Can anyone help?

-Vin DeLeon
Seeing a dentist is advised.