Dental Health Expert Forum
Black spot in cheek
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Black spot in cheek

Hi.  I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but I'll ask anyway.  About a month ago I tested positive for mono and for Oral Herpes, HSV 1.  My glands are still a little swollen and I have a minor sore throat but other than that I'm okay.  I just noticed yesterday that I have a black spot on the inside of my right cheek.  It's very dark which is how I noticed it.  It's only about the size of a pinhead but it's raised a little because I can feel it with my tongue.  Any ideas of what this could be?  I thought maybe it had to do with the mono or herpes but doesn't really seem to relate.  Thanks