Dental Health Expert Forum
Black spot in cheek

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Black spot in cheek

Hi.  I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but I'll ask anyway.  About a month ago I tested positive for mono and for Oral Herpes, HSV 1.  My glands are still a little swollen and I have a minor sore throat but other than that I'm okay.  I just noticed yesterday that I have a black spot on the inside of my right cheek.  It's very dark which is how I noticed it.  It's only about the size of a pinhead but it's raised a little because I can feel it with my tongue.  Any ideas of what this could be?  I thought maybe it had to do with the mono or herpes but doesn't really seem to relate.  Thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Without seeing the lesion, a definitive diagnosis can be made.I do not think it is related to the mono or the Herpes. I do believe it should be checked by your dentist or an oral surgeon.