Dental Health Expert Forum
Bleeding after a tooth extraction

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Bleeding after a tooth extraction
Ok, I just a back, lower Wisdom tooth pulled on Wednesday, i had gauze on it pretty much the whole day following the procedure, but it still bled a little bit.    Two days later, its still bleeding a little, i looked in my mouth, the site of the extraction is dark red so i assume there is a blood clot there, so why is it still bleeding a little?  The dentist said a little bleeding and oozing is normal for up to 24 hours, but then to call if it's bright red and profuse, but its not profuse, so i dont know what to do.  Another site I just saw said it is normal for a little bleeding for a FEW DAYS after an extraction, I can't afford to keep going back to the dentist, it's so expensive.  can anyone help me?
I don't see any reason why it should be bleeding this many days post op.If it is still bleeding I would have the dentist look at it and I don't see why there would be a fee for the post op observation.
id assume the dentist wouldnt charge you to have him look at the extraction site.  you may bump the area while eating or brushing your teeth.
thanks for the replies, i'll see if he's in the office on weekends.  It's not like rushing blood or anything, i guess it's just oozing a little.  im a bit of a hypochondriac and i worry about everything.  I still havent been able to eat solid food, 3 days after the extraction, it just feels very uncomforatable if i try to chew, so i've been living on yogurt(I WANT CHINESE FOOD!!! lol)