Dental Health Expert Forum
Bleeding gums after filling
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bleeding gums after filling

Hello,

About three months ago I went in for a filling on one of my molars. It was the first time I ever had to have a filling that extended into the interproximal space. Anyway, after I've had that filling, every time I floss that space my gums bleed. I know it only started after the filling because I floss every day and they never bled before then. Now they bleed every time I floss.

Is this something to be worried about? I've gone in several times for adjustments to the filling, but it hasn't stopped. What could possibly be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.